Saturday, August 14, 2010

PART 5: NAKATSU HASUI ~in my heart~

All my stuffs had been packed. I hope I will not left anything behind. I turn around to look at Yuki. He seems to have finished packing as well. It’s been a long time since I left school. Usually, I’d be all-alone in the dorm during holidays but today, I’m going to Osaka with Yuki. It’s a real honor to be able to go home with him. I wonder if his parents going to be okay with this. Now, to think back, I hardly know anything about his background. And for some odd reasons, I am reluctant to ask. Why is it that I can sense those kind of questions could hurt him?

“Are you ready?” Yuki suddenly asks and I’m a bit shock for the sudden sound awakening me from my thoughts.

“Yep.” I said.

“Let’s go!” He simply said and smiles to me.
***

“I’m home!” Yuki said as he enters his house. It’s a very spacious apartment. Most of things in it have not yet been unpacked even some of the furniture.

“I’m coming in…” I said. Silence fills the hall.

“I’m sorry about the mess.” He said.

“It’s okay. Um, Yuki, where’s everyone? Are they not home?” I asked with a heavy weight in my heart. Why is it that I feel this way?

He smiles happily at me. God, it’s fake! I somehow know that that smile is fake. “Tomorrow we’ll be going to my old house. I need to take some stuffs.” He said without answering my question.

Yuki… you have been alone all this while, right? “Yuki, don’t change the subject and don’t give me that fake smile of yours!” I suddenly felt anger stab my heart and Yuki look at me in shock. “Are you hiding something from me? I want to know. I want to know all about you…” Something’s wet on my cheeks. Are they tears? I wipe them. Yes, it’s tears. When did they come down? They are tears for Yuki. Something is tearing his heart, I can sense it.

“I’m sorry, Nakatsu.” He said. And he looked away.

“You said to me before… that there are those out there who have gone through things far worse than what I’ve been through.” I said, remembering his words. “Are you one of them?”

Yuki is not answering me and I go up to him and pull his sleeves to make him face me. No! He’s… crying… “Yuki…” I called him out. He quickly held me in his arms.

“Nakatsu… I’m sorry that I always been keeping secrets from you.” He said. “I am alone. I’ve always been alone. Despite it all, I don’t feel so alone only when you’re around. I love you, Nakatsu.” I am so shocked to hear it but, I’m also happy at the same time. I only hug him tighter for some reasons only my heart knows.
***

No comments:

Post a Comment